Extensions which extends Sense
This is the most common way in which most of the people are introduced to the Qlik Sense API. It is very easy to use qlik extensions. It is as simple as going to the site of Qlik Branch, finding something of your interest, downloading it and then installing it to the Qlik Sense. There will be a new object made available on the left-hand menu to use within Sense.
Features of extensions
- It can be added to a sheet with the help of a drag and drop option.
- It uses the same property panel as of Qlik Sense visualizations.
- It is copied, resized, positioned, and pasted, just like any other Qlik Sense visualization.
- It is added and used in data storytelling.
- It works on any device, and it is responsive.
Overview of Mashups
There are various concepts in web development. Qlik Mashup is a web application or web page which uses the content from more than one source to create a new service that is displayed in a single graphical interface.
Single Qlik Sense Object Integration
You can create an iframe by integrating the single qlik sense visualizations, snapshots, or sheets. The Single Integration API is used to define the way of integrating the object into your web site.
There are mainly two methods of integrating a Qlik Sense Object into your website:
- Embed a visualization or sheet into a mashup from the Hub.
- Make use of Single Configurator in the Dev Hub.
There is a tool in Qlik Sense named Single Configurator which provides an easy way of creating a mashup page without writing any code. This will return a Qlik Sense object which is identified in the URL.
Connecting a qlik mashup to the data
First of all, you need to identify the host who possesses all the relevant qlik data. Then you need to define a base URL for requirements in order to get the correct Qlik Sense module and also to get them used extensions. Make use of require to get a Qlik Sense js module. Then you have to open the app and get the objects from the app.
Get the power of Qlik Sense Extensions & Mashups
Not sure where to start? Contact us for a free consultation.